Writing is an integral part of the language arts classes taught at Sparks Academy. We offer four levels of instruction, each building upon the last, until students are ready to write in any form requested of them – whether at a career or college! But maybe you don’t want a full class….how can you make writing fun at home?
Literature Studies & Living Books
What are living books, and how can you use them to make your homeschool shine? Get all the tips & tricks in Using Living Books to Homeschool. Scroll down to snag pre-made bundles of novel studies!
Literature Units for Middle School
- My Side of the Mountain & Wilderness Survival
- Serafina and the Seven Stars & the Biltmore House
- Serafina and the Black Cloak & Appalachian Folklore
- Serafina and the Splintered Heart & Writing a Ghost Story
- The Call of the Wild
- Alex Rider & Spies
- Ranger’s Apprentice & Creative Writing
- Theodore Boone & Understanding the Legal System
Literature Units for High School
- Oliver Twist & the Industrial Revolution
- Crime and Punishment & Free Will vs Determinism
- The Things they Carried & the Vietnam War
- Five People You Meet in Heaven & Human Impact
- The Chosen & the Zionist Movement
- Things Fall Apart & the Colonization of Africa
Another fun option for teaching writing is through the language arts classes Sparks Academy! There are four levels offered currently, including High School 1, High School 2, High School 3, and Level 7. (The last one is for 7th/8th/9th grade, depending on your student’s skills.) This is an online co-op, with weekly student interaction in the private classroom forum. Learn more here.
Writing Projects & Activities
- Finding Langston & the Poetry of Langston Hughes
- Literary Elements with Dragonwatch
- Creating a World with the Phantom Tollbooth
- Writing Dystopia with the Giver
- Writing Fantasy with the Hobbit
- Writing Surrealism with Tuck Everlasting
- Creating a Historic Newspaper
- Writing a Business Letter
- Reporting the News
- Researching & Using Primary Documents
- College Essays & Application Consults
- Free Printable – Bring Your Writing to Life!
Maybe you just need help with writing feedback for your student? We’ve got you covered!! Use the form specifically for the Good & Beautiful or any other curriculum.